Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Debut

January 2, 2011

Grumble.  It's my stomach, yet again reminding me that it's hungry.  I sit at Austin Java with my husband and my spoiled mut, deliberating over the menu.  Breakfast or lunch? Brunch?  It's always a running debate on a Sunday afternoon what to order.  Brunch.  Definitely brunch.  Eggs Benedict and a slice of french toast.  And a coffee.  Perfect.  The waitress takes our order, and my husband and I brainstorm the prospects of a new year.  We begin to ramble back and forth our goals for 2011.  My husband, the ever changing actor and artist proceeds to tell me his plan for his next film and chapter of the book he is writing, and all I can think about is food.  What to cook?  What to eat?  Where to eat?  What to order?  And it hits me.  If all I can think about is food, and all I want to watch on TV is food...then I must have a passion for....food!  My husband has encouraged me over the past year to start a food blog and I finally had the gumption to follow with his encouragement.  So here it begins....a blog on what I love to do most.  Eat. Good. Food.

I hope you enjoy my journey in discovering local food jaunts here in Austin (and around the world).  It is my joy and passion to cook, eat, and converse with friends and family over a delicious meal.  I owe that passion all to my dad.  I can envision him now at the dinner table, rubbing his hands together in delight and proclaiming "I think this was the best meal we've ever had!"

Bon appetit!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck! I will add you to my google reader! I'm working on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay denise! Love it, definitely will follow you, you know me and Jeremy, we love food too! Can't wait to read your posts and try out your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Audrey and Jessie! Please feel free to share your favorite recipes, or comments when you try them out for yourself! Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a friend of Laurie's. She posted your blog. I love food too,love watching food tv, looking online at various recipes.... Looking forward to following your blog. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Denise and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for reading! I encourage all of you to try the recipes and give feedback. Or feel free to share your favorite hot spots and recipes as well. Dialogue is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Neise, it's mom talking; i circulated your blog link to my friends and co-workers and they are all excited to be reading about your food escapades & recipe sharing with others. Also, check out my FB & you'll see comments from some of my golfing buddies! Luv ya,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its' great! I can not wait to see good dessert recipes. You know how much I love sweets...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful Denise! I love the idea and can't wait to read all about this! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sharing this with everyone, too. They love it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Denise!
    I am so stoked to see this! This is exciting. I will definitely be following your blog, as Kai & I are foodies ourselves (you guys still have to meet him!)
    Please say hello to Matt from me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following gab! Yes, please try the recipes and feel free to share your own. Hope we can have a reunion this summer! We are long overdue! Happy eating :)

    ReplyDelete